• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veritread reviews???

fnpurist

Hopefully my Euc clears soon as it's been way past what I was told twice. Once it does I'm going to have to pay a company to deliver since my truck isn't reliable enough for a 16 hour total trip. Has anyone used veritread? If so were you happy? Are any other companies a better option? Thanks

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I heard they are higher than uship but I to am forced down this road as I took the veritred option while checking out.
I believe you can change just call Customer Service. The key thing to remember is that you will have to make sure whoever you use provides us a Bill of Lading...

HASSON1911

It appears that both companies have good and bad reviews naturally, I will probably stick with veritred and see where it lands uship was okay, no real deals on cost and no real impressive ship time when I used them. I'll give veritred a try

As far as price being higher, I just regurgitated what I read about 3 weeks ago.

Viper8

I used Executive Auto Shippers to transport my 2 Ford GTBs from Washington State to Texas. Price for each was competitive with uShip, or cheaper, and I was quite happy with their service, and they met both their pickup and delivery dates in both instances. I wasn't shipping "big iron," so am not sure how large a vehicle EAS will ship. I haven't used Veritread so can't comment on them. Hope this is of some help.

tigertank

don't use roadway on veritread I picked them and it took over 2 weeks for them to pick it up from hood and no and I mean horrible communication!!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have nothing but good luck with Uship....Veritread bids were double what I could get on Uship...I booked it on a weds morning after 2hrs of bidding, picked the truck up Thursday, delivered Friday morning...seamless.
stick with shippers who have excellent feedback...while I had lower bids, they were from folks who had no feedback.

wuudchuck

I went through a broker on Veritread for my LMTV out of North Carolina to Michigan. Name was Allen Lau. He screwed me around for 3 weeks and I had to do a charge back on my credit card (per Veritread's suggestion), and then spent a month trying to get my deposit back from Veritread.

Ended up using "Professional Shippers, aka Pats64" on UShip. A little more expensive ($300 more), but he had a driver load it within 2 hours of paying him with delivery within 2 days. All together I think it was $2300 shipped, plus a $200 ish fee to Uship for roughly $2.80/mile.

Last edited:

theman10k

Well I've never used VeriTreadbut I posted a few test Humvees in different states but to be delivered to the same location and I found after the first few bids and me rejecting them stating they were to expensive I started getting really good quotes that were half what I was first getting or better then that so if it was me I would be as detailed as possible about not having ramps or anything and just say all I can offer is a extra set of hands

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Veritread did a great job for me. I picked a provider with a high rating, and it is obvious they work hard to get and maintain the ratings. The per mile rate was as good as my usual transportation broker. The difference was the trucker was completely engaged in keeping the customer satisfied.

VeriTread

Veritread did a great job for me. I picked a provider with a high rating, and it is obvious they work hard to get and maintain the ratings. The per mile rate was as good as my usual transportation broker. The difference was the trucker was completely engaged in keeping the customer satisfied.
Thank you! We are so glad that you had a good experience. If there is anything that we can help you with in the future, please let us know. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again!

Bucho

I used Uship before for several items. I only had one bail on me and that was because he said he was involved in an accident a couple of days before he was to pick up my load. He went on there and refunded my payment, but Uship kept the fee of $200 as a credit. I ended up using another person, but I was not happy that Uship didn't want to refund my money. They just wanted to offer a credit towards future services. The prices were ok. I tried Veritread but the price was higher. To me they are both the same, just depends on how hungry the shippers are for a load.

Sintorion

Currently swimming in the cesspool of the shipping world. I had forgotten how bad it was and shocked that even with modern technology that it isn't any better. I talked to Veritread and it turns out they are a middle man for the middle man. They get quotes from brokers that are getting quotes from the actual freight companies. I have also got a ton of quotes from the sleaze balls out of south Florida. The prices are all over the place. I am getting anywhere from $300-$1200 for 400 miles out of Montgomery Alabama.

Here is how I figure the process works. There are trucks running all over the US moving cars. If you ever take a look at any highway and pay attention to the number of car haulers you will be quite amazed that there are so many cars being shuttled around. A lot of these are new cars headed from ports to the dealers. There are also a fair amount heading from auctions. These are mostly contract transports, but a lot of these transports are one way. So to make money on the way back they look for extra loads. An empty truck doesn't make money. This is where the brokers come in. The middle man. The transporters don't have the time to deal with individuals so the brokers work off a board where they post loads available with an offer of what it will pay. This is an offer, not an auction. There is no bidding. If the bid is accepted the middle man asks for payment then puts you in contact with the actual shipper. Many are owner operators and you are then talking to the actual driver. The costs for this middleman's service is typically around $100. You really are getting nothing from this individual except the connection between you and the driver and the price they offered.

The only real value is that the broker should know about what a route should cost. This isn't rocket science because there is a operating cost of about $1.40 per mile national average, but what has to be figured in are factors like where you are starting from and where you are ending, tolls, traffic, size of the truck, etc. The popularity of the route is key. A shipment along i95 will cost a lot less than one from Backwoods WV to Corn Iowa. The brokers can look at what drivers are in the area and may be headed in that direction and offer up an extra load if it is worth their time. These guys like money so if your broker offers up a good price, they may bight.

Now the brokers tend to be a sleazy lot. There are a fair amount of these guys out of south florida that offer up very low prices to get you in. They don't disclose the process and will bait you with a low price and make it sound like it is no problem. They will ask for a deposit up front. This isn't a deposit, it is their fee. The post your silly low price and no one bights then tell you it will cost more. You are stuck with them at this point because you gave them money. You keep upping the price until it becomes attractive to a driver.

Once you have the deal you are at the mercy of the driver. This is where the fun begins because this guy is on his own schedule. He is a guy that drives a truck and they tend not to be the most social of people. He is working for cash and that is the motivation. If he feels he took a cheap load, you could get cheap load service. Lots of things can happen with the driver, and at this point your super friendly broker is long gone a you are stuck with the driver. If all goes well, you get your delivery and they expect cash. That is cash cash. Not cash check. Not credit card. They don't care about what you paid your broker. They want green backs. Sometimes they will try to shake you down for another $25 citing tolls or higher fuel prices.

This is what I have sorted out as a current price guide. Start with $2.00 per mile which is what most drivers are looking to get loaded. Increase that rate if your pick up or delivery is not near a major city. Decrease it if you are near a major city or going to a major city. Increase if you are flexible with your dates and times. Increase it if you have specifics like a certain day or time or has to be picked up on a military base. Basically the more cars they carry and the less time they spend getting loaded and unloaded then being able to get to their next load will get you the lowest price. Unless you can find 6 people that need a pick up in the exact same spot and delivered to the exact same sport you will probably not see anything less than a $1 per mile.

This is just my experience having shipped several vehicles over the past few years. I am sure there are those that got smoking $.75 per mile deals out there and those that paid more. Your results may vary.

Socommfg

For shipping on the South East area..

I use MAPLES ENTERPRISES, DAVID MAPLES is out of Friendsville tn 865-250-9494. If he does not answer leave a mssg.

Dave does a GREAT job. Self employed, uses a Dually and 40 foot flat trailer. He hauled 2 LMTV from Ft. Bragg to Augusta ga one 1 load. Cost approx $750. 195 miles

Tell him I recommended him .... Might help

ernie

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, thats the value of Vertread, they have vetted their subs and the bad apples are weeded out. Who has time to spend all day on internet load boards looking for trucks? If I get fired from my day job for spending all day on the internet, I will wish I spent $100 on a broker.

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, thats the value of Vertread, they have vetted their subs and the bad apples are weeded out. Who has time to spend all day on internet load boards looking for trucks? If I get fired from my day job for spending all day on the internet, I will wish I spent $100 on a broker.
I agree. Although I've had good and bad experiences with shippers through them at the end of the day though my time is worth too much to waste researching shippers with no guarantee of success. Even using veritread subs isn't a guarantee but it at least cuts down the time and is another level to use when things don't work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks