• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very graphic M1008 heater core war pictures

AceHigh

Last year I started the deuce and a mouse popped up in the defrost slot at the bottom of the windshield. Ran across the windshield area and disappeared. That started a whole battle, and like you I won!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eew !!!! they are amazing little so_'s , they seem to LOVE MV's especially the heaters . When I put the vehicles up for the winter I spread RAT BAITS all over and under the vehicle , try to keep then under control , also PEPPERMINT OIL is supposed to work well ? shovel also works well for adjusting their attitude , works the best !

Westech

CPL
I use dryer sheets. I have yet to install then in the 08 due to working on it , but maybe I should anyhow.
I also just finished replacing a engine wiring harness in the gf's car today due to mice eating it!! It's been a very bad year here.

Hasdrubal

When I got my M1009, mouse turds were coming out of the heater box when I hit it with a vacuum. Took it apart, there was a nest with a dead mouse jammed right where the blend door closes. The rear seat also had scores of turds dropping out of it and smelled of urine. Had to throw it away and source another one.

the skull

HAHAHA I thought I smelled a rat!!!!
Seriously though, at the dealer's we have seen rodent damage
to plastic fuel/return lines, mice and nuts in cabin filters,
and even wiring harnesses chewed up. We tell customers
to get a cat, and if they have a cat, quit feeding it.
Squirrels do lots of damage too. I made my Mom
take her birdseed inventory out of her car and put traps out.

ke5eua

Well now I have to go bomb the truck and put traps, dryer sheets, chipmunks with mp4's and the kids on rotating watch to make sure the rodents stay out of all my wiring.

MarcusOReallyus

Those buggers took over my house a few years ago. We were out of town for 10 days, right when the weather starts getting cold. They moved in and took over. We tried trapping and trapping and trapping and it did no good. We finally got a dozen bait stations and let them feast. Took a few weeks and the problem was finally solved.

Now we just keep the bait stations refreshed. We were away again for a couple of weeks recently, and they were back, but a refresh of the bait stations took care of it.

We killed a few squirrels accidentally. We had one of the bait stations outside, and they chewed into it. We notice very few squirrels around here now. Ooops.

Anyway, all that to say, keep a few bait stations around, and refresh them every 2-3 months, and you'll have a lot fewer problems with your vehicles. Not just one or two stations, either, if you live in the country. We keep about a dozen stocked up.

Buy the pails of bait online for the best price. Those dinky packages of Tomcat will make you go bankrupt.

ssdvc

I keep two of those Ortho traps loaded with peanut butter in my truck (house too). Had a crap load of critters on my truck last year and worked hard to get the out. This year a did a pre-emptive strike and put the traps in before I saw signs. Also added two glue traps. Within one week caught 6 mice. No further signs or caught critters for several weeks now.

The advice about keeping up with the bait is good indeed. These things come in, scope it out and then settle in. Give them that which they seek (rat bait!!) and they will be no more[thumbzup] !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks