• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very new but got something you might want

Hauling4you

I know I'm very new here but I have been lurking in the shadows for a little while now... I have recently come across a whole lot of military equipment from different trades with my old army buddy's and am keeping most of what I got but I did get a few, well really five item I'm not in need of but I did think of u all when I got them.

I have in my living room two of the improved gunners seats, or gunner "straps" if your from OIF 1-3. Well figured I would post them up here first before I let the ebayers swarm them. O I have done all kinds of research on them and have yet to get anything other them the NSN and a basic picture of how to install them, if you have any more info please share it!!

The other part is three of the improved fire extinguisher holders, of course these also work on pretty much all the new and older military trucks also.

So that being said if you want them PM me or what not, sure we can work a good deal for all!!

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That's the killer seat that the Army wanted better anti ejection properties for. We lost quite a few gunners being ejected when a HMMWV tipped over. The fire extinguisher mounts are nice. Welcome to the forum and you may be directed to put these in the classified section.

Hauling4you

Well from the research that I have come up with so far says this is the newest style seat out, and the whole "KIT" comes with a body harness to. As for ejecting the gunner, that is weird, this seat come with the quick release handles on both sides of the seat, one for the driver and one for team leader to pull to drop the gunner down into the HMMWV, in case of roll over or injury. I'm going to have to go with I wish I had these when I was there on my two tours, this would of saved gunners, this includes me from injury's that could of been prevented. Weard... Never though of them as ejecting people, but if you were they then u would know. Thanks for input about classified info tho

Dave

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks