• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Day in Conyers, GA

1958 M274

Veterans Day ceremony in Conyers, GA on November 11th. A Vietnam veteran and long time friend of the family, Tommy Clack, is working to organize the event.

They are looking for vehicles for a static display. He is asking for vehicles and displays arrive no later than 2:30 that afternoon, with a departure time around 7:30 - 8:00 that evening. If for some reason you need to leave sooner, Tommy can accommodate you with an exit path.

He is arranging JROTC Drill Team performances from 4:00 - 5:30. The program will start at 6:00, and go through 7:00 and darkness, so everyone can see the Memorial in day light and dark (with all spot lights on). The local National Guard unit (122nd Infantry/Covington) is bringing current day vehicles.

Please contact Tommy Clack directly at
404-401-7142 or tc4freedom7@aol.com if you have any questions or if you plan to attend. If you do plan to attend with a vehicle or display, please notify him by September 30th so he can plan space accordingly.

I'm not sure yet if I will be able to attend, but I believe my Dad is planning to be there, probably with the 5 ton wrecker.

This sounds like it has the potential to be a great event, and help a good cause. Please look at the web site for the memorial,
http://www.walkofheroes.org/
Any support for this event would be greatly appreciated.

1958 M274

Wanted to bring this back to the top. Tommy hasn't received any calls about people wanting to participate in this event with their vehicles. Anyone thinking about going?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks