• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veteran's Day Parade, Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg NC

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Veteran's Day Parade for Fayetteville and Ft. Bragg, NC will be this Saturday from 0930-1100. a large contingent of active duty troops and units will be in the parade. All Veterans Organizations, VFW, American Legion, Nam Knights, CVMA, etc... will also be in. I will be (hopefully) in with my VFW Post, VFW 4542, driving my M38.

Wondering if anyone else might be involved. Also, if someone has a backup Jeep or similar, I wouldn't mind having a fall back if I can't get my Jeep running in time.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the night before the parade, finally got the Jeep running (bubba'd unfortunately) and then she decided to loose oomph on the way to the parade route. Thankfully had 3 mechanics with me and straightened it all out. Also did some pre-planning and threw in a backup battery, full tool kit, and even a jumper pack.

Now that it's over, I will be rebuilding the carb, new fuel line, and try to source what is slowly draining my batteries.

I posted on the Facebook page, but throwing it up here, this is the video of the parade. you can see my VFW Post, VFW 4542 at 41:58.
http://www.wral.com/news/video/14159176/
Keep in mind, the announcer has no clue how to pronounce "Willy's" and mispronounced it through the entire broadcast. Some very cool 3rd SFG stuff at the beginning.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks