• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veteran's Day parade in Mill Creek, WA Nov 11 Saturday

JH1

The City of Mill Creek is ramping up their Veteran's Day parade rapidly. I spoke to the parade director, Brian Davern today. He is expecting several mil vehicles for the parade, which is Saturday, November 11 and 11am (The eleventh hour of the eleventh day...). I will be there. The parade route is 1/2 mile long. There is no entry fee. There is ample parking for towing vehicles if you need that. The emcee is brass from Naval Station Everett. Looks like a worthwhile event to go to.

Here is an excerpt from their webpage:

There will be a parade down Main Street beginning at 11 a.m. The parade will head south from LA Fitness in Town Center toward City Hall (15024 Main St. to 15720 Main St.). The parade emcee and participant performance area will be located at the four-way stop at Main Street and 153rd Street SE. The City will hand out American flags and encourages all attendees to wear patriotic colors.

Some of the exciting parade participants include: Fire District 7, Mill Creek Police, American Legion Motorcycle Riders, USO, SERS, Jackson High School Cheer Team, Glacier Peak Marching Band, Seattle Police Mounted Patrol Unit, WWII military vehicles, floats, dance teams, Community Transit, and veterans. To participate in the parade or get more information, visit www.cityofmillcreek.com/veteransday.

If you want more information, please contact Brian Davern at either 425-921-5736 or briand@cityofmillcreek.com

Hope to see you there, and please spread the word.

Jim

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see you there Jim.

There is also a memorial service at 9:00 AM at the same location. They actually have a very nice permanent veterans' memorial right in downtown Mill Creek at the same location as the parade (Veterans Monument at Library Park, 15429 Bothell-Everett Hwy, Mill Creek). My wife and I are planning to attend, so we'll be there a little earlier.

zanther

I can't commit to being in teh parade as I don't think my truck will be driveable yet but I will at least view the parade. Thanks for sharing.

JH1

Yo Zanther...
Nice to hear from you again. I'll bet there will be empty seats somewhere. I heard that there will be a bunch of ww2 jeeps there, too. What's left to do on the truck?
Jim

zanther

Hey Jim!

The passenger side rear axle ends need disassembled and cleaned up, new wheel cylinders,bearings and races while I've got it apart. Every race I've looked at has some sort of wave or deformation in it, then reinstall the airpacks, finish rebuilding master cylinder and bend/install brake lines. My project snowballed after I burst a main frame brake line and decided to replace all the lines. Once I got into my front axle ends, I decided to clean them up and repaint/restore. It's been slow going but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also busting tires and changing my worn out weather cracked ones with some 80% tread tires I got.

~Melvin "mel"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks