• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Memorial Pool Fundraiser - Centralia, WA 20 June 2015

Amer-team

Hello Team, we have been asked to provide some color for a fundraiser for the old outdoor pool in Centralia, WA on 20 June from 1200 to 1500. I think we should be getting in place about 1000. It is at 500 N. Pearl in Centralia, 98531.

This pool was built in 1950 as a War Memorial to WW2 and is the only specific WW2 Memorial in the County. The pool needs work and is owned by the city. They don't want to run it, don't have any money to do that, so the solution is to demolish it and spend $200,000 on a water feature park. Many generations of kids in this town learned to swim there and spent at least part of their summers there too. It is a great asset for the kids.

Refurbishment of the pool could definitely be accomplished if we could get past the obstructionist policies of the city.

So far we have 3 - 4 5 tons lined up a few jeeps and an M 715. If you would like to come out, can probably get you a hotdog for your trouble. Thank you for the help with this project. PView attachment 65th Anniv Centralia Pool poster 6-6-15.pdf

Amer-team

Talked with the lady that is organizing the event today. The address for the pool is about 521 N. Pearl St. Centralia WA 98531.

I would like to have us positioned and in place by about 1000. We will most likely be on the asphalt between the pool fence and the back of the sidewalk. Hopefully there will be lots of kids, so if you have any hands on displays, that would be great. They will provide us hotdogs for lunch. I told her that we work for food.

Will see you next Saturday. P

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks