• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Help

dittle

Guys,

I just got the hardware for a VIC-1 setup that I want to put into my deuce. I'm trying to bench test it prior to installing so that I don't have to fight the system once its in the truck. All of the equipment that I'm using is in unknown condition so I'm trying to work through an issue.

1. Unit powers up w/out letting out the magic smoke
2. You hear static through the CVC helmets speakers (volume control on the crew boxes works)
3. You do not hear any audio coming back from helmet mics
4. I took a PC speaker that was sitting around and hooked it into the aux input and tapped on the speaker. You hear the tapping noise through the headsets tells me that atleast one part of the system is working. If you click the transmit swich back and forth on a box designated as the commander you can hear the click on the crew box.

Is there anyway that I can induce an audio input through the helmet circuitry or remote crew control boxes using hardware other than the helmets (incase the helmet mics are the issue)? I have the helmets set to the intercom setting on the side switch.

dittle

Little bit of an update. I got the relays on the AM-1780 so they now click when I key the mics from the helmets but I do not hear anything coming out of the speakers. This is making me think that the mic circuitry is bad.
Does anyone know of a way to put an audio input signal through the C-2298 to make sure it is working properly?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 11-5830-340-30 contains all schematics and troubleshooting info you can use for the VIC-1 system.
The goldplated contacts on the C2298 units may be cleaned with a pencil eraser, otherwise it's best to have a few spares on hand for testing (swapping), they are a lot cheaper than what's involved in actually repairing a unit.

dittle

Thanks for the tip Bjorn. After I cleaned the points I discovered via trial and error 1 bad helmet mic and 1 bad 2298 unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks