• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vic-1 in deuce?

phataux

so i searched and seen some good threads about the vic-1 and i think its what i want but there seems to be a problem with making a cb radio work WELL with them. i do want to use a cb and i would also love to put a civi radio in the truck as well that would play through the head set. anything out there that will do this? ..... also o nhte headset is there any headsets that are helmets ? i dont know what to search for on that ......

thanks in advance
david

dm22630

Tractor Supply sells all weather radios that you can plug a headset into. They are made for tractors.....but it would not take much rigging in order to make it work.

2cents

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The headsets that are helmets would be the CVC (combat vehicle crewman) helmets. They're great at making your head smell like 3 week unwashed a$$ especially in the summer. If you go real expensive you can go with a Peltor headset that fits under the kevlar. Best bet for cost overall is the H151 or is it the 161 (never can remember that number). It has headphone, boom mic, and chest switch to flip for intercom and radio.
This is if you want it to stay looking military. If you want to go civi, I don't have any experience in that radio realm.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Use the "Line In" attachment points on the AM-1780 master control box. There was a thread about 6 months ago concerning noise reduction and interferance reduction for the "Line In". Will also work with I-Pod's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks