• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vic-1 information

JRMITTS

So I'm trying to hook up the vic-1 system and came upon an issue.

The bendix connection coming out of the mx-7777 has terminal A as the positive.

The cable cx-13089 says it switches terminals so the mx-7777 end has A as the positive terminal and the AM-1780 end has the B terminal as the positive terminal.
The cable also says you can reverse the poles if you want.

So my question is do I use the cx-13089 cable as it is, or do I switch the connections on the AM-1780 end?

In other words is the power in on the AM-1780: terminal B = positive and terminal A = negative?

I afraid of hooking it up backwards and frying the AM-1780.

I've tried to find the manual TM 11-5830-340-30 and/or TM 11-5820-401-10-2
but they seem to be rather elusive.

I've also read through countless threads, and gotten some really good information, but nothing seemed to address my question.

Thanks

JRM

jhooah

Why do you think you need a suppressor in your system? Only Armored vehicles used these, and if your going for a simple intercom setup you won't be drawing enough power to worry about it. Voltage spikes in the larger generator/altenators that armor used is what the 7777 was designed for.
V/R W Winget

wsucougarx

Unless the CX-13089 was manipulated by someone, I just hooked it straight up without any mods. You really don't need a MX-7777 in the system because we don't have the huge spikes related to armor. However, I have them in all my VIC/VRC-12 vehicles for insurance;-)

JRMITTS

Thank you Gentlemen. I'll just hook it together and see what happens.

I did get the cx-13089 from Fair Radio sales. Phil there was very helpful. It's just that when I received the cable and noticed that card that said it was reversed, I began to wonder.

After reading numerous threads, it seems lots of members use the MX-7777 for a margin of safety, rather than a necessity. I considered just hooking the AM-1780 directly to the battery with a fuse, but decided to go this route instead.

Thanks again for the advice.