• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 issues. Anyone in the Denver metro area....

Yaivenov

...do you have the appropriate testing equipment to check over a VIC-1?

I'm having some issues with mine (and yes I did read the TM, and yes I did follow it's instructions on installation, and no it's trouble shooting section did not help). As it sits, the set I purchased, advertised as tested and functional, well, isn't.

Currently it's being powered directly from the MX-7777 (which has tested out fine) bypassing the radio suite I'm also installing. After taking my multi-meter to the CX-4723 cables that came with the kit I've found that the two 6 foot cables are cross connected between the E and F wires (I'm unsure if this is normal, the TM was silent about it) where as the 12 foot cables are lacking this cross connect, otherwise all 18 wires in each cable are intact and the leads are straight and clean. When an attempt to use the system is made, using different configurations of C-2298's, Y-cables and headsets, consistently the only sound out of the headsets is a clicking when the intercom is keyed up.

At this point I'm a bit stumped. The only testing gear I have and can afford for the time being is my multimeter so any help others can provide would be greatly welcome.

Yaivenov

Update: Just had a very productive phone call with the vendor about the issue and will be mailing the control unit and the questionable cables back to for inspection and replacement. As a side note, this was probably the most pleasant and well handled instance regarding having to send hardware back. Kudos to the vendor. [thumbzup]