• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Mounting location in a soft top truck

mdemars03

So now that (at least for now) my legal troubles with parking my truck at home are taken care of :naner::naner:, I'm going to start working on my additions to the truck.

My M923A2 is a soft top. I have a complete VIC-1 I want to install. Obviously if it was a hard top it would make it easier but since it isn't I need to figure out where to mount it.

Anybody have any ideas or possibly a picture of where you have one mounted in a soft top truck? I'm open to suggestions.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
As for the AM1780, most put it behind the seat against the cab wall.

For the crew boxes C2298 options:

1. Mount on rear wall of cab behind seat just like the AM1780

2. There are some folks that have used brackets (including conduit) or flat plate or even wood to mount it to the roof with the plate/wood between frame and canvas.

3. Member CruzinZ28 used some "worthless" brackets I gave him that were L shaped that were just big enough for the C2298 and with some trimming he made them to fit in the curve on the back corner of each cab. It's one the best I've seen.

4. I recall someone mounting them on the dash but I don't like those cables dangling in the front personally.

Probably some others out there.

Also, don't forget you may want to mount a box in the bed so passengers in the rear can communicate. I've also said one at the passenger side rear corner for a dismount to use would also be of value with a bailout cable iot provide ground guide during backing especially at night.

mdemars03

I have already thought about a box in the bed. I had not however thought about one at the back passenger side for backing at night but that is an extremely good point and idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks