• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 pics

germanrifle

Hey folks. I want to mount a 2 or a 4 place, vic-1 sys in my m998. Would like to see some pics of the sys mounted. Pics of it mounted have been hard to come by.

riderdan

Ty. So what is the far right box attached to?
I built an "extension" for the standard VIC mount that's under the radio deck. It's a foot long piece of 5" x 3/8" steel flat stock. I drilled it to match the holes for the the AM-1780 in the VIC mount, then bolted through the AM-1780, the extension, and the mount. I drilled the end to match the C-2298 and bolted it to the extension. It's thick enough that the crew station doesn't wobble, and it doesn't intrude on the passenger space much at all.

I've got my RT-524 coming next week and I'll get everything sorted and can post another pic. Right now it's apart as I'm working on replacing the doghouse catch.

Last edited:

cruzinz28

Pictures from around the Cab showing the install.

IMG_3252.jpgIMG_3253.jpgIMG_3254.jpgIMG_3251.jpgIMG_3250.jpgIMG_3249.jpgIMG_3248.jpg

I do have a MX777 Surge suppressor mounted horizontally behind the Amplifier that is fed from the battery and then an individual power cable to the VIC-1 and then to the Radios. I also have all the cables to hook up the KY-57's to the radio bases as well. You can also see that I mounted the tachometer on the side of the radio enclisure and then mounted a DAGAR mount on the top that holds my iPhone perfectly.

alphaseventwo

I recently installed a vic-1 2-man setup. I had problems finding the vertical mounting plate that goes under the radio shelf- they were too expensive when I found a few. After some time staring at the lower shelf of the radio tray (if you have one) I realized that with a little cutting and drilling, the shelf would flip up vertical and could be used to mount the vic-1 and 1 control box. Saved me some dough.
Photo Jun 08, 9 02 12 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 08, 9 02 47 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 08, 9 07 07 PM (1).jpgPhoto Jun 09, 6 35 18 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 09, 11 33 54 PM.jpg

Jericho

Hey fellas where are you findin serviceable A M 1780 and RT 524s I am looking for one radio and two AM 1780s

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey fellas where are you findin serviceable A M 1780 and RT 524s I am looking for one radio and two AM 1780s
Got my Radios here, they are spendy though, reconditioned and look factory new. https://www.recodefense.com/about.html Here's what I previously had in mine, but I have the taller dual tray setup and plate for Vic1 now to put in, when I get the energy.radio2.jpg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures from around the Cab showing the install.

View attachment 689411View attachment 689410View attachment 689409View attachment 689412View attachment 689413View attachment 689414View attachment 689415

I do have a MX777 Surge suppressor mounted horizontally behind the Amplifier that is fed from the battery and then an individual power cable to the VIC-1 and then to the Radios. I also have all the cables to hook up the KY-57's to the radio bases as well. You can also see that I mounted the tachometer on the side of the radio enclisure and then mounted a DAGAR mount on the top that holds my iPhone perfectly.
Can you expand on the tach mount?

chickenbutt

I drilled out the lower plate to mount the VIC-1 and a crew station, which I believe is meant to be used for speakers or a VIC-3.
I like how riderdan was able to get the amp and 2 crew boxes on the front by adding an extension.
My speaker for the radio is not in the most ideal spot either, not very accessible from the drivers seat.

IMG_4680.jpgIMG_4681.jpgIMG_4682.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks