• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Power indicator lamp question.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First: I searched several ways and went thru many results and could not find a VIC-1 power lamp thread.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement bulb for the VIC-1 intercom power indicator lamp assembly?

The flow chart tells me I have a bad bulb, or a bad AM1780 power circuit, or a bad AM1780.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You won't find the answer in the -10 or -20 manuals. You must use a -P manual, in this case the TM 11-5820-898-20P. That gave me 6210-00-882-3617 as the stock number. Punched that into the top secret database with the abbreviation of G.O.O.G.L.E. and that gave me one of those high priced parts companies. Find one that has the FEDLOG info with it that gives the CAGE and Reference or Part Number and that gave me 83330. I used BINCS (google that also) and that gave me Dialight. Combine that with the Part/Reference Number and contact Dialight. I tried their website and couldn't find it. Sometime you can find alternate products and manufacturers with some searching on that top secret website.

I've been meaning to post/publish a paper on how to use the combination of manuals from the -10 through 34P but just haven't gotten around to it----not that I know anything though.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't find the answer in the -10 or -20 manuals. You must use a -P manual, in this case the TM 11-5820-898-20P. That gave me 6210-00-882-3617 as the stock number. Punched that into the top secret database with the abbreviation of G.O.O.G.L.E. and that gave me one of those high priced parts companies. Find one that has the FEDLOG info with it that gives the CAGE and Reference or Part Number and that gave me 83330. I used BINCS (google that also) and that gave me Dialight. Combine that with the Part/Reference Number and contact Dialight. I tried their website and couldn't find it. Sometime you can find alternate products and manufacturers with some searching on that top secret website.

I've been meaning to post/publish a paper on how to use the combination of manuals from the -10 through 34P but just haven't gotten around to it----not that I know anything though.

Thanks Carnac,

Went all around google and found that I might be able to use a T1-3/4 mini bulb model type 328,338,or 345. These are all different voltages but the bulb is within .010-.020 of the size I need . The trick is getting the bulb in 24VDC. These bulbs are overall length at around .630 inches and bulb diameter at .230 inches.

Thanks again for the assist. I hope I can find a suitable readily available replacement bulb. We shall see...

Regards,
Gordon

papakb

As a followup on this post the lamp numbers you can use are either 327 or 387, both of these are 28 volt lamps. The 387 is a slightly heavier duty bulb but the 2 will interchange without problems. Depending on who makes them thay might have a CM (Chicago Miniature) or GE before the number but they're the same lamp. Most electronic supply places will have them. Try Mouser Electronics or Digikey, or get an LED version here: http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/ProductsDetails.aspx?WP=1091

Kurt

KG6KMJ

papakb

Gentlemen, Send me a PM with your email address and I'll reply with your manuals. I don't think there's any way to upload them to SS. Heck Bruce, you aughta know this.................

Kurt

KG6KMJ

Whiterabbit

Hmmm, Guess that's why my VIC 1 doesn't light up but does work. Didn't want to go exploring inside it 'cause I don't have a TM on it. Wow, those LED versions are $$. I'll look around for lower cost versions.
Thanks for digging up all that info for us!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought my power bulb was burned out but I talked to Steve Haney and he told be to rotate the bulb lens and it worked. He said something about being able to turn the bulb off if needed. ?????? You may want to try that.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a load of radio manuals on disk. I will see if I have any specific to the AM1780 / VIC 1. I have somel manuals that show how to connect and mount the unit and control boxes when in conjunction with the installation of a military radio transceiver. These manuals give all the cable connector numbers, how to connect what to who and so on but do not have the specific detailed repair manual for the VIC / AM 1780 alone.

As best as I can tell, the TMs list below are specifically for VIC intercom and the AM 1780 amplifier manuals.
TM11-5830-340-12, TM11-5830-340-23P, TM11-5820-898-20P, TM11-5895-1548-24P and TM11-5895-1548-34

If I find any of the above TM's I will post it here.

you got repair manuals for the vic1
Bill 808 989 1391

Last edited:

papakb

Glad to lend a hand once again. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll reply with all the 1780 manuals you'll ever need.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks