• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-3 compatibility with RT-524 radio

blhar15

Does anyone know if the VIC-3 intercom system is compatible with the older style radios, i.e. RT-524 VRC-12 setup? I have mine all hooked up and just get a ringing feedback noise when switching to the radio to monitor.

Thanks

aceecaus

The short answer is no. But I'm not a professional com guy.

Having both systems, I know the VIC-1 is compatible to the SINGARS with an adapter, but I am fairly certain the VIC-3 is not backwards compatible to the RT524.

Augi

It is 100% compatible. I run an RT246 with my VIC-3 weekly. Before I got this radio I was running an RT524 for about 6 months.

If you are getting a solid tone when you switch your crew box to monitor a specific radio then the permissions for that crew box to monitor that radio are disabled in the VIC-3 main control box. Switch the power switch to "All" and it should go away.

Augi

Rooster-78

It is 100% compatible. I run an RT246 with my VIC-3 weekly. Before I got this radio I was running an RT524 for about 6 months.

If you are getting a solid tone when you switch your crew box to monitor a specific radio then the permissions for that crew box to monitor that radio are disabled in the VIC-3 main control box. Switch the power switch to "All" and it should go away.

Augi
Would you provide some additional information and pics on how you made a RT-524 work with the VIC-3 Intercom System please? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks