• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-3 to VRC-110

aleigh

So I am looking at getting a VRC-110 SLA (single) setup for my LMTV, but I am scratching my head as to how this is supposed to integrate with a VIC-3. The tray for the amplifier module seems to have 3 connectors on it, but all of which are labeled for power input, not signal.

The way I figure it either the VIC plugs into the amplifier on the front data/remote rapidconnect that mirrors the one on the radio, or, I am missing some kind of a clue.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you able to find the TMs for it?

Do you have the RT(s) for the 110? Just curious what you’re using or if the Tri brand replica actually works with the Harris VAA.

aleigh

Haven't found the TM. I'm starting to think it's only on one of the Harris documentation CDs and/or there is no TM because it didn't go through that acquisition process (technically it's a COTS program right). Kind of a funny problem.

I don't believe the TRI works in a VAA although I've seen at least one picture of a guy trying to do it. They fit physically but electrically you can forget about it. In some ways that surprises me because for the trouble TRI went to you'd think they could have just done it right.

What I'll probably do is buy a VRC-110 from Murphey's or American Milspec and just ask them, I am sure they know how it goes together.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 12-053-0100-02 Vehicle adapter amp, and the 12-050-3050-01 interface shock mount which has an intercom connector.
Both available.
DSC_000745.JPG
DSC_000746.JPG
DSC_000744.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks