• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam era bumper markings

randygk

My brother and I recently painted our tan deuce (1967 Kaiser) and he wants to put his Army numbers on the bumpers. The truck was tan when we got it and we wanted to keep it tan, although it probably would not have been tan in Vietnam. He was in the Army in Vietnam in May of 1965 through June of 1966 and was in the 339 DS Co operating in Nah Trang. Any help on what numbers or letters on front and rear bumpers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Randy

steelandcanvas

Obviously a military vehicle in that era would have been OD Green with the white stars. I would think the passenger side front bumper would read: 339 TC (DS). The driver's side would read: Whatever Platoon the vehicle was assigned to. This would be just the opposite on the rear bumperettes: Left side would read 339 TC (DS)

Here's the link I used for the information. http://airwarvietnam.com/armyunits.htm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks