• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vietnam era hueys used for fire fighting

Thunder in NWOR

I spent more than a few years on wildfire assignment in Washington state, most time supported by the Washington Department of Natural Resources Bell UHs.
For a time they had retired Cobra gunships set up for air support too.

Their aircrew were excellent in support of the firefighters on the ground.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bell Helicopter

When the MVPA did the Whitecourt airshow in 2014 we camped on airport property. Membership has its benefits if you're also plane nuts.

072014 airshow mv 378.jpg

The pilot of this Fire Fighter needed a ride, I was giving rides in the deuce and got close and personal with what I think is a 67'.

072014 airshow mv 402.jpg072014 airshow mv 409.jpg072014 airshow mv 410.jpg

It carries a full load of gear so it's ready to go and fortunately for me it was resting along with the pilot. It was impossible to talk this guy into a ride in his MV after a few beer so these fly guys are just like the rest of you no nonsense collectors. Very professional.

072014 airshow mv 408.jpg072014 airshow mv 407.jpg072014 airshow mv 405.jpg072014 airshow mv 403.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks