• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN location 87' M923

fullerpj

My Fire Department acquired an 1987 M923 A1, overhauled in 1998. I've been having a difficult time with NJ MVC, trying to get a new title. Now I'm looking for the VIN so I can submit a rubbing and photo of it. But I can't find one that matches the one on the title from the NJ Forestry Service. I've looked on the driver side frame rail but unable to locate one. Even after doing some paint removal and scrubbing Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. - Paul F

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have found some have it on the frame and some don't. If it's a rebuild it will usually have a serial on the data plate and then a rebuild plate by the drivers door with the matching serial number. Unfortunately sometimes the dash data plate is all there is.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its supposed to be on frame directly be hide steering gear box.
Now that is on a AM General
Not sure on a BMY

fullerpj

Thanks for all your help. Could it be that VIN might be stamped in very shallow? The vertical part number on the frame rail is very easily legible.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Anything is possible you can strip it down. They are usually in large block hand stamped numerals left to right. Some rebuilt trucks do not appear to have them.
Will