• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vin location

Redpawn

I just picked up my three M37s last week and two of them have been painted
so many times the vin numbers are not readable on the dash.I want to title
some of them here in florida so I need a vin to go by to get titles.The question is are there any other locations for the vin other than the dash like on the frame or some where else on the cab?

CGarbee

Left frame (driver's side) in front of the steering box on the outside of the frame. You will likely have to wire brush the area a bit, numbers are about an inch tall, widely spaced, and not stamped very deep.

Good luck.

CGarbee

mine is on the right side frame (passenger side)
Yep, I have heard of trucks with the VIN on the passenger side before. Conversations on the BigElectric/G741 site never seemed conclusive as to why, but were pretty conclusive that it was a small number compared to the overall production run (for all varients).

Is your truck a stock M37 or M37B1 or is it a military modified or specialty varient by any chance? For that matter, is your VIN only on the passenger side, or is it stamped on both frame rails??

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks