• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vin numbers on M35A2C

calvin3103

Dose any one know the diffrence from 15 numbers and letter for a vin on a M35A2C and on that has 17 vin numbers? the problem i have is i do not know the year of the M35 i can find any thing on it, i went to register it and the lady told me if its a 1986 i would have 17 numbers in the vin so the year is wrong on the SF-97 i need to find out what year this is googe is not going to good for me to find this came from airgaurd in kaui at barking sands missle base. has a tow pintal on the front bumper. maybe some one can point me in the direction i need to go.

mattwspeed

its a shame but most of them are made up! if your state doesnt require a title if its 1985 and older then use the numbers found on the data plate or frame ... You will need it inspected by a local sheriff or PD and get it signed off on that its legal as far as the VIN goes... in GA its called a T-22B form...

Last edited:

jasonjc

A M35A2C would only have a 9 number (no letters) vin stamped on the frame. It should have a number like 0540-99999. With the frist 4 we can get you a year.

Some pepole add the military registration number to the above VIN number to make the laddy at the DMV happy but its not right.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
most of them are made up! if your state doesnt require a title if its 1985 and older then use the numbers found on the data plate or have one made... You will need it inspected by a local sheriff or PD and get it signed off on that its legal as far as the VIN goes... in GA its called a T-22B form... very easy in this state!
You do know that this is fraud and is a federal crime.

mattwspeed

oh yeah! not saying i have done it and NEVER would but I have bought 2 M35A2's here in Ga over the past year and neither had a title but both had GA registration cards with a 17 digit vin !!! Just explaining how that happens!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually it the the DMV inspectors that will assign a "new" VIN if needed. You don't get to make up your own.

We are trying to provide correct information on this website.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dose any one know the diffrence from 15 numbers and letter for a vin on a M35A2C and on that has 17 vin numbers? the problem i have is i do not know the year of the M35 i can find any thing on it, i went to register it and the lady told me if its a 1986 i would have 17 numbers in the vin so the year is wrong on the SF-97 i need to find out what year this is googe is not going to good for me to find this came from airgaurd in kaui at barking sands missle base. has a tow pintal on the front bumper. maybe some one can point me in the direction i need to go.
Please attempt to use correct punctuation and capital letters. It make it easier for the readers to understand your question.

Most military vehicles do not have a 17 digit VIN.

If you visit CARNAC's 2013 VIN Info thread, he may be able to provide you the information.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK... I will just keep my mouth shut. Sorry for any wrong information I have supplied!
It is that with what you posted you where telling people to break the law. You might not have said that outright but it was infered

jasonjc

Like I said above the military reg number depending on the year was 6 or 7 or 8 digits long so if someone added that to the vin you would get the 15 -17 digit number thought it would still be wrong. I have a truck I got from someone in Mo that is that way. So now my title has the reg number plus the vin numbe as onenumber.

mattwspeed

i was in no way telling people to break the law! I was just giving an example of what I have seen and how a 1972 MV truck ends up with a 17 digit vin!.. My bike registers up to 200mph on the cluster... is Yamaha telling me to break the law by saying hey, you can go this fast cause it can happen?

calvin3103

A M35A2C would only have a 9 number (no letters) vin stamped on the frame. It should have a number like 0540-99999. With the frist 4 we can get you a year.

Some pepole add the military registration number to the above VIN number to make the laddy at the DMV happy but its not right.
where on the frame could I find the 9 numbers?

jasonjc

You have your self one of the last deuces made. It an Air Force modle with the up graded brake made in 1988. Look on the frame around the front shock mount on the driver side. You should find the 1040-11265 stamped on it.