• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN or serial number

Dixiedog

Does a HMMWV only have the Manufactures Serial Number on the data plate or is it located at another location on the truck? If the number is located at another location, what is that location?
Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

papakb

The HMMWV has the serial number stamped on the plate attached to the B pillar but there is also a manufacturing number stamped on your A (windshield) pillar. If you have friends in law enforcement they can run this number and give you information about when the truck was made.

Kurt

bob69302

Kurt, any idea where on the A frame? And forgive my ignorance but the A frame is the frame that holds the windshields correct?
Thanks
Phil

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The body number is on the ledge that the hood rests on right above the windshield washer reservoir. The numbers will be full of paint and hard to read. These numbers are NOT the VIN. The number was used internally by AMG to track bodies in the factory. The VIN or serial number is ONLY on the data plate, and sometimes rarely on a embossed metal strap attached to the frame at the drivers side front area.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some bases did upgrades and attached a data plate on the inner side of the A pillar panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks