• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vin. # ?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It's a non compliant vin. Some states dmvs have more trouble with it than others. I have found the states near me are ok with it. I have heard of confusion from other states.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction.. Mea Culpa..

I just had a weird experience with my LMTV and the Nevada DMV, this may help others.
Recently I received a letter from DMV in Nevada that my registration was being suspended due to no coverage in force. I called my company and asked what the heck.....

Turns out that DMV used the original VIN# (serial if you wish) on the registration, and as we all know it is not 17 digits. The company couldn't get the shorter vin to work on the policy, so they just filled in the remainder of the digits with '1's'. DMV's system electronically matches the vin numbers and kicked it out for non-compliance. The problem got fixed the day before I went suspended..

Pointman

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had a weird experience with my LMTV and the Nevada DMV, this may help others.
Recently I received a letter from DMV in Nevada that my registration was being suspended due to no coverage in force. I called my company and asked what the heck.....

Turns out that DMV used the original VIN# (serial if you wish) on the registration, and as we all know it is not 17 digits. The company couldn't get the shorter vin to work on the policy, so they just filled in the remainder of the digits with '1's'. DMV's system electronically matches the vin numbers and kicked it out for non-compliance. The problem got fixed the day before I went suspended..

Pointman
I have also experienced that. It's a common practice among ins companies.

f8617

Even though I had a title in hand from the previous owner in an adjoining state municipality...my insurance company was satisfied with a photograph of the serial number plate...but the state licensing/title office require a signature from a state law enforcement official to confirm the FMTV's non-standard VIN...so 2 deputies came by at my request.

Lmtv772

Banned
Even though I had a title in hand from the previous owner in an adjoining state municipality...my insurance company was satisfied with a photograph of the serial number plate...but the state licensing/title office require a signature from a state law enforcement official to confirm the FMTV's non-standard VIN...so 2 deputies came by at my request.
They may require the serial # to be seen by an official. Standard practice in some states, no biggie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks