• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl cargo cover repair - loops

Kharville

In searching the forums I don't see much in the way of an answer on repairing the tie-downs on the vinyl cargo cover when they come unglued. These are the pieces the super rope passes through. Some have mentioned glue/cement and "plastic welding". Has anyone actually repaired one of the "loops" that the rope passes through on the vinyl cover for a Deuce? Photo below of the item I am addressing. The one in the picture is intact. I have one that came unglued from the cover on one side.

tiedown.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used contact cement to do just what you are trying to do on a vinyl 5 ton cover.

I also added a rivet on each corner to gve it strength and used a black sharpie to tone them down.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've repaired some with Shoe Goo after thoroughly cleaning the surfaces and making a large enough clamp by using some boards to keep everything flat for 24 hours. Getting the surfaces clean is the key.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks