• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia and surrounding areas ... spring get together

who will be attending? please respond accurately below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOEDEUCE

The event will be held :

On March 24th, 2012 @ 12 PM
@ Deep Run Park
9900 Ridgefield Pkwy
Richmond Va 23233

Planning to grill up hamburgers ,hotdogs ,chicken ect..... It'll be fun .

Last edited:
Wow, for once a gathering that doesn't conflict with my work schedule...amazing. That date happens to fall on my sacred weekend of my 7-day break (sacred meaning I can't be called and forced to come in to work) so I'll definitely be there, with the deuce and M105 trailer (if parking is available, that is). Looking forward to seeing some of the Virginia Steel Soldiers. Just need to get my username on my truck now....

If there's any interest in convoying up from the Tidewater area, let me know and we can work out a schedule. Lots of time...

combatmech

Not sure when I'm leaving the area...might be the end of February, might be June....Pencil me in for the event. And yes Dave, I'll join that convoy!!!! Tailend charlie!!

JOEDEUCE

Contacted the Park today, spoke with a gentleman who's going to assist me with reserving the space for our lol get together. Had to send a written request via email to make it all official....just waiting on the OFFICIAL reply now.

rbktitan

I jut might make this one, work schedule permitting. Would be great to get out and meet some of the other Virginians sporting MV's, and take the Deuce for a spin. Probably won't have a permanent floor in the van, but I'll make do. :-D

JOEDEUCE

Well folks all was going well until the parks and rec folks said we needed group liability insurance in order to use any Henrico county park as a event spot..... I explained this wasnt a sponsored by an organization and that we are just trying to have an unofficial get together..... So much for that... I'm not giving up though, we have to find another area , other than a public park. Perhaps a private location.... I'm working on it. Any ideas ....

JOEDEUCE

The area I originally wanted to use was ok but the parking lot had quite a downhill slope to it, and after I visited the park yesterday I realized that even with parking brakes and wheel chocks , it just wasn't a good idea. And I began to question other locations which are available.... Then the topic of insurance came up today and just blew the park idea out the water..... Had we just shown up and did our thing , we might have been ok, but with some guys driving two hours or more I don't want any last minute surprises or complaints.

I've never heard of such crap. I see that Henrico county charges a shelter fee, that should cover any insurance requirements, since these parks are paid for by our tax dollars to start with. Looking through their paperwork, I would ask them exactly where it's said you need insurance for a group gathering.

Thanks for running with this, I still think a Virginia get-together is a great idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks