• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia and surrounding areas ... spring get together

who will be attending? please respond accurately below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After thinking about this for the day, is it possible that the park thinks we're having some kind of car show, and will be inviting the public and charging admission? I don't why a group would need liability insurance, I've been to several events at parks, although not in Henrico county, and insurance has never been an issue.
I'm all for reserving a shelter, and just showing up.

JOEDEUCE

@ Olddominion, I actually made it a point to describe our little get together as a meet and greet / cookout .... I explained how we were members of SS, and that this was not a official SS event, just local members wanting to meet up and socialize. I was clear.
It all started with the suggested use of a particular lot, which was my suggestion, but after going to the park to look around, the lot I suggested wasnt the greatest in terms of parking, I seen a potential safety hazard and questioned another area, and addressed my parking concern......went downhill from there...
My guess is my parking concern led to his concern over the vehicles we are intending on driving to said event, and from that , I was told ,insurance was absolutely necessary, I questioned the so callled insurance and have not heard back since... My guess is , they dont want to be bothered. The park is in the ” West end of richmond” , but its still in Henrico county. Personally I think its more of a matter of attention rather than insurance... I could be wrong but I have a feeling they dont want us roaming in their west end park , where lawyers, doctors and soccer moms go to escape the rough west end life,
( im being sarcastic in case you couldnt tell) and to subject such fine human beings to : loud exhaust, diesel fumes and the color green....... Well thats just unacceptable....gasp... OK , thats enough humorous speculation.
I dont seriously see what the issue is / was, I suppose you could argue public safety.... Those of us that drive MVs have insurance so we can lawfully operate on vehicles on public roads, so why do we need additional insurance, I asked, Im waiting on a reply..... aua

JOEDEUCE

It is my goal to , plan ahead, get permission, reserve an area. have fun, avoid complaints ect ect ect.... I suppose if we all just showed up at a park unannounced there would be lil they could say, OR is there? Its a goid question that I dont have an answer to.

LeadHead

Sorry guys! Wish I could make it. It's a little far for me. I'm on the SW part of VA. Any SW guys on the forum? Gotta have a get together this way!

peecook

You definitely want to get the parks permission and parking reserved. Like Joe said, the worst thing would be for guys to drive all the way there and then not have parking.

Cabell's event is a little different, he has 600+ acres for us to park in and camp. Of course you have to watch out for the cow patties.

JOEDEUCE

I have a few ideas, and something will happen one way or another. One idea is to either find a private owner of a property , business or church. Im going to approach my employer about holding our lil get together at his facility. Its a huge area and parking would not be an issue, and its only 20 minutes from our original destination. Some of the local guys may have heard of E.T.Moore Manufacturing. Check it out on tbe web....

JOEDEUCE

I will aproach my boss about it this week and see what he thinks. I have a good hunch that it wont be much of a problem . E.T.Moore has volunteered the use of its property for military training exercises in the past... So im thinking a few guys wanting to hang out with their MVs ought not be an issue.

peecook

Joe is in Richmond and he is the organizer, so I'm guessing he wants it to be local. Also middle point for NOVA, Tidewater, and Charlottesville. You have a few locals out there that you should be able to coordinate a get together with.

There is also an event in Syria, VA (Graves Mountain) and Newport News VA (War Museum) every year

Last edited:

JOEDEUCE

We need ” local” Steel soldiers representation.... An ” actual” event planner person, who has the ability, and authority to hold official events in our state.... Somebody with the time and resources !

Also just a FYI, richmond was picked as a central location, to be fair to all. It was discussed several times on another thread. Now it doesnt mean that the get together couldnt be held in, Ashland or Mechanicsville or somewhere just out side of Richmond.

It may become necessary to scrap the richmond get together idea and focus on another.event coming up...

rednckii

This sounds great ill keep looking to see where it will actually be and if everything goes good i shoud be there. Wether to drive the deuce or cucv that is the question. Then again i do have the towbar hhmmmm.:-o

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be able to attend, depends on if I have work to do that weekend and I won't know that until time gets closer. Also, unless I win the lotto between now and then, civvy vehicle only.

rednckii

I would love to bring both just need the towbar feet and put some front deuce brackets onto my cucv bumper it aint stock no more. I think that would be best option for it but definatly gonna try and go if at all possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks