• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Visual difference of Basic and Supplemental Armor HMMWV Hardtop?

FKAM

Can anyone describe/show the visual difference between a HMMWV basic and supplemental armor (M1025/26) hardtops?

From the manual the part numbers for a basic are 12339623-1 and 12339631-2 and supplemental 5595393 and 12339623-3. But there is no description, so when I'm looking at pictures, when they come up for sale and no part number is provided (or are wrong). I would like to be able to look for some visual cues in the pictures that would let me know which one they may be.

Thanx

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supplemental has an extra steel layer inside. I can take a pic for you tomorrow. You can't miss it when you know what you are looking for.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inside would be hard to see if foam is installed.
Can't see difference from outside.
M104X series is heavier.

FKAM

Thanx Lionel and Greg.

The pictures helped

One thing that I also found out is I had the part #'s wrong. Supplemental are 5595393 and 12339631-2 and basic are 12339623-1 and -3. That little revelation helped clear up some confusion.

So if I understand correctly the main feature to look for is the plate on the underside of the roof, the area I outlined in your photo, correct?

0504181332outline.jpg

Also, I noticed that on all of the supplemental pictures that I know are correct have holes running down both left and right inside sides that are of equal size. But there are roofs (which type I don't know) with oval holes on each end with round holes in between. Is this also an indication of basic vs supplemental?

Supplemental --------------Basic???
0504181332holes.jpg Jimmy&M1025Roof 029holes.jpg

Thanx

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one with the round holes has the suppl. plate tack welded on in the pic.

FKAM

Do all of these PNs have the turret hole? Is there a different PN for a roof without the turret hole?
All of these have the turret hole. To my knowledge, the military has no 4 man hardtops without the hole. All of the ones out there that are solid are aftermarket, new manufactured (outside of AMG) made ones.

Last edited:

FKAM

So does that mean they all use the Support Assembly (12340334) even if they are not using the turret and Hatch?
If you are not using a turret you don't need the support assembly. Many people fill in the turret hole with a round plate and just make an adapted B-pillar to support it. Lots of different ways that people have done it. Gov Planet has sold some of the HMMWV's with a plate covering the hole and an adapted B-pillar. If you search the web you can find both the parts offered and how others have done it.

Daves86

Thanks! Looking at doing the 4 man hard top swap and trying to understand what I need. Any insight is helpful. This site is always useful!

BLK HMMWV

If you are not using a turret you don't need the support assembly. Many people fill in the turret hole with a round plate and just make an adapted B-pillar to support it. Lots of different ways that people have done it. Gov Planet has sold some of the HMMWV's with a plate covering the hole and an adapted B-pillar. If you search the web you can find both the parts offered and how others have done it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks