• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

volt meter / alt. issue

BigDuck

when I got my m1009 in oct '09 the volt meter stayed about 3/4 into the green, well i had to rebuild the starter but right before i ran the batteries low by startin it till the starter died, got it rebuilt and put on , 2 weeks later the pass alt. starts laggin and the volts meter reads right at the ywellow and green line, so i had the pass alt rebuilt, put it back on but the volts are still at the green/yellow line, where does the volt meter need to be on a normal m1009?

bikeboy

My voltmeter used to run on the tellow/green line like yours, now it dropped into the yellow, on mine it is the drivers side alternator, is only putting out 12 volts, so i need to rebuild that one. Maybe you need to check the other alternator also. I am not 100% convinced that my voltmeter was reading accurate before, it was putting out 29 volts and gauge was on the line. Hope this might help you a little.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

Voltmeter readouts are not the ultimate information.
If your altinators are over13 Volts each they are still ok. A total reading of over 28 Volts with an indendent Voltmeter is also ok.
15 years with a M1009.
Wolf

BigDuck

my front battery is shot im affraid, i hooked the charger up to it last nite and this morning it was at like 10% so i think its a gonner, it was a hawker military battery can i still get those anywhere?