• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vortec 350 Swap

LT67

The Vortec 350 swap is completed. Just needs a lil find tuning and AC lines. The only upgrades were MPFI injectors and the GMPP 395 cam.

The truck runs like a sewing machine; step on the pedal and it winds up n goes. With ths 255 85r16 tires it'll run 60mph at 2900 rpm

**if anyone does the Vortec swap with the factory EFI, make sure the wiring harness and ecu are the same year model. We learned this lesson the hard way...

Attachments

Finnegan1008

Looks like a clean install. Is the increase in power very noticeable?

Curious to see what kind of mileage you get. Will that motor run on regular 87 octane?

LT67

Looks like a clean install. Is the increase in power very noticeable?

Curious to see what kind of mileage you get. Will that motor run on regular 87 octane?
Oh it's a night n day difference in power... not even close. Plus the Vortec 350 works better with the 4.56 gears. The tach is showing 2900rpm at 60mph. 3000-3500rpm is easy for a 350.

Yes it will run on 87 octane, but I prefer to run mid grade 89 octane.

I haven't gotten a pulse on the mileage yet. I've only driven it on country back roads and we're still working on fine tuning the cam to the engine

Overall the Vortec 350 has been a big improvement vs the worn out 6.2 diesel

Finnegan1008

Oh it's a night n day difference in power... not even close. Plus the Vortec 350 works better with the 4.56 gears. The tach is showing 2900rpm at 60mph. 3000-3500rpm is easy for a 350.

Yes it will run on 87 octane, but I prefer to run mid grade 89 octane.

I haven't gotten a pulse on the mileage yet. I've only driven it on country back roads and we're still working on fine tuning the cam to the engine

Overall the Vortec 350 has been a big improvement vs the worn out 6.2 diesel
That’s great to hear, I do love the clatter of the 6.2 but a good old 350 is just so nice to work on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks