• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VPC (Vehicle Power Conditioner) for VIC-1

riderdan

Working on installing a VIC 1 in my M998. I see in the TM that there's supposed to be a VPC installed in the radio deck. A google search didn't return any useful results--I'd like to know this parts NSN (if it exists) and perhaps a source/alternative so I can get my system up and running.

TIA.

riderdan

Meh, bad google-fu last night. Apparently I need an MX-7777 or equivalent.

Is there any disadvantage to using a civilian 24v suppressor (aside from accuracy)?

123mack

The MX-7777 is to protect the vic-1 from power surges in tanks as well as other armored vehicles. You won't need it in a M-998.

chickenbutt

I just installed a VIC-1. Still need to put the final touches on it and the radio. I wanted a VIC-3 that would better match the time period of the RT-1523 radio, but I could not find any. Maybe someday.
I was also thinking about installing the MX-7777 conditioner, but I'm running out of room to put stuff. I want to put the commander's VIC-1 station mounted under the radio rack, which is where a MX-7777 would typically go.
It would also be nice to have the "Battle Override" switch just in case LOL.

IMG_4631.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks