• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VRC Antenna Tip Swap

DoubleE

Hello everyone,

I was a dummy and didn't have my antenna tied down far enough to back into the shed. I picked up a new antenna but it didn't come with the ball installed. I'm guessing the old one has a clip on it because it turns freely but doesn't come off. Any advice on removing it, if possible would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

m38inmaine

They have what looks like a "push Nut" on the inside, if you pull really hard it will come off, you have to force those metal fingers to bend in the opposite direction.

BillIdaho

The tips are pretty well a one-time-use thing. Balls are dirt cheap and readily available. If you can get one off, I will wager you will have to bend the spring steel retaining "clip inside, and make it about impossible to hold onto the next antenna. With enough tape, you could probably get away with it.

DoubleE

Thanks for the info m38. I had to park the pickup on top of the old section to hold it while I pulled the ball off. It didn't look like it did any damage and it latched right on to the new antenna.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks