• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

W3AZEL's crew cab build

FatBuddhaBoo

Looking good w3azel!

Mine took over a year to get where it is today (with some intentional and unintentional breaks), and there's still some work to be done on her. In the end it'll all be worth it!

w3azel

I finally took the beast to the trails and had a great time. MO has a lot of small jeep trails and I tried to go around this really bad spot that people say is really bad but in the end she's just to big to squeeze through trees. So I dropped her in 2nd low and let her rip. You would have thought I was just on a normal drive. With lockers front and rear this truck feels unstoppable. Nimble is a different story. Ill try and get the video up sometime. Also I'm the skinny white guy on the roof if your wondering.:clinto:

Attachments

w3azel

Installed the dual voltage alternator finally. 200AMP version. Used a plate of 1/4 steel as the base. A 2" strip of 1/4 to extend out to the front mounting tab and two 1/2" mounting tabs. Mounting holes are moved 1 1/4" up and a 1/4" out. Used 7014 rods on the plates and triple pass 11018 for the tabs. Belts are 50 3/8" from napa. Pulley was drilled out on a small lathe, Dremiled and filed to fit the key.I don't have the measurements for that because a friend did the lathe work. Fit is very snug. It just barely touches the intake pipe and that's it I move around the pipe. Rubber couplings have some play. The bar on the front had to be trimmed to length because the alternator housing extends just after the mounting bolt unlike the old one that stays flush. Ground terminal is the same size but I have to rewire the positive side. It's to short and to small.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks