• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wacky 5ton bobber

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a pro job although not to my taste.

I hope that is just water on the tires and not "tire shine" product.

Nearly every type of tire shine or tire so-called protectant chemically weakens the rubber in the sidewall by diffusing in and partially dissolving the surface rubber to make its surface smooth and therefore shiny. The dangerous part of the damage inside the sidewall material, once applied and even forgotten, happens slowly over some time. Re-applying it accelerates it.

Tire manufacturers recommend against the use of such products for safety reasons but they don't name any of them. Got to be careful with choosing those products and find one that can be proven not to damage the sidewall rubber.

DeucesWild11

Wow, Opcom thanks for the tip on the tire shine. I thought I was protecting against possible dry rot. You know of anything that protects? They need to make like an SPF 100 for rubber so the sun doesn't kill it..:beer:

hionthemountain

I have lost the info but the fabricators for this truck are students, they are financed by the same outfit that sells the modified trucks . . . . the vehicles themselves can be used as a charity tax write-off if purchased thru them however they are pricey. . . .other proceeds are used to help veterans family needs. . . they also like I said run the trade school . .​

The attachment shows another example of their work . .

Attachments

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

I'll go ahead and third the dorkmobile comment. But at least it looks done well... kind of like a spit shined turd. Not really useful but it's there. I do feel bad for the poor 5 ton though.

NEIOWA

I have lost the info but the fabricators for this truck are students, they are financed by the same outfit that sells the modified trucks . . . . the vehicles themselves can be used as a charity tax write-off if purchased thru them however they are pricey. . . .other proceeds are used to help veterans family needs. . . they also like I said run the trade school . .​

The attachment shows another example of their work . .

I guess that makes this one a wackermobile.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks