• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wagoneer M715 hybrid?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen pictures people using a grand wagoner and adding a few 715 items.

res0wc18

Yea i don't know if I would chop up the rear and add a bed, but I was thinking of doing an m715 type/inspired front end full turbo diesel resto mod and built custom steel fender flares to clear the k30/f350 axles

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KaiserM109

They certainly did nice work! Is that a right hand steering wheel?

Why, though, did they keep that the Tornado engine? That's what killed the 715 and caused the Army to rebuild M35s for Vietnam.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a Diesel engine. Maybe a later Asian version. I know KIA is building a diesel version - KM450 for the S.Korea military.

The website is from Indonesia

Also if they spent big bucks on the build, they may have had a custom valve cover made.

Last edited:

oddave715

I saw the exact same link on another website sometime back. One of the persons that commented on that post there stated that they identified the engine, iirc, as a Toyota diesel and that the Jeep logos were just glued or epoxied to the Toyota valve cover. Also, again iirc, that some of the interior was id'ed as Toyota.

saddamsnightmare

August 21st, 2015.

Gotta give them credit, but I would have been better to start with a KIA M450 series truck.

Maybe he can get KIA to do an import worthy version of this with AC, as the KM450 does seem to have AC!:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks