• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait light not coming on - but starts fine (2006 M1097R1)

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After installing a supplemental ground harness, cleaning ground connections, reattaching the ground to the fuel gauge (58H I think it was) and re-seating the gauge cluster - my wait light no longer comes on. Truck starts, runs and drives fine w/o any smoke. KDS start box. (EDIT BELOW)

Ive spent a few hours reading conflicting opinions on the matter...

I plan on rechecking my ground connections and pulling the gauge cluster to make sure nothing is disconnected there - but if that all checks out, what is the best test procedure to diagnose the issue?

BTW - Im really new to these vehicles - so please go easy.

EDIT - As of this morning (50 degree start) - It was slightly slower starting and and noticed a single flash on the WAIT light - and a puff of white smoke. Clearly the glow plugs are not heating.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks