• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait light Question?

allrevup

Hello. Can some tell me what to check or R/R? She goes true the starting cycle and starts fine but my WAIT light comes on, and will turns off after 10-15 sec. or so even after the M1008 is up to temperature? I am not sure wich convination sensor/switch to check? Thanks

Last edited:

allrevup

I hate looking for things in any of the manuals, I do have then in CDroom and the full civilian dealer manual. Just looking for a quick to the point answer. thanks just the same. "I like sausage, don't really care to see how is made"

Cucvnut

becareful dont say you hate lookign in manuals here or the manual police will be after you and it might get internet scary :)

Westech

CPL
yeah like asking what size bolt fits for something.. really.. are we all that lazy? but really I would ask if that were happening to me... the glow plugs are not something to just let to go to hell.
There is a temp sending unit on the driver rear of the cylinder head (top) and one on the passenger side on the side of the cylinder head (low) I believe the one on the passenger side controls the glow plug card.

allrevup

Found the problem. The conector to the sensor on back the pasenger side was ON but not making proper contact. Yeah, some times all you want is a quick to the point answer with out having to dig into the manual wich is a PITA to follow for cross reference to beguin with and unless you manual-up like some some here think they must only have, they rather answer with out sayng anything much... Take Care

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, if one took a little time to study how the manuals are put together, you could breeze through them in short order. They way they are laid out is kinda weird but once you get the hang of them, you can go right through them. Also, once you get that one down, all of them are easy to go through. Knowledge is power and much can be obtained from the TMs. I find them more of an asset than a liability.

allrevup

I was not looking for PHYLOSOFICAL answer YOU, as I mention before just a quick and to the point hint, as at the moment time was short. Thanks to the person that GAT it and mention the location of the sensors it reminded of what I had read sometime ago, the problem was solved there after with in 2-3 minutes. This forum is starting to come across as a bunch of Sunday preachers...from the time there was only one denomination message...enought said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks