• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait Light Question

GPW661

Hey all,,,I might have a bad card but please tell me what you think...Electrial isnt my strongest subject. When I turn the Ing. switch on..I get no (wait) light..I have to work the Ing. back and fowarth about three or four times for the light to come on....or at times it would come on for only for a second or two.,

M1008driver

It wouldn't hurt to change the card and may eliminate problems. The GP controller is under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. I am probably getting one after I get done with my receiver hitch and saving the old one for doomsday. :grin:

My BATT GEN voltage indicator drops to yellow when I turn the key and back to green shortly after the truck gets running when the gp's are working.

CUCV Electric

Did you do the doghead starter relay mod yet? I see you are new and this will save you from burning up your starter, batteries, and maybe more.

Last edited:

GFB

voltage indicator will tell you if the plugs are cycling. you should hear the gp relay clunk when they cycle too.

GPW661

Only the water in fuel light comes on...goes off rite away. The volt gauge dosen't drop to far --- I can see the difference in dropping of the gauge when the glow plug lights come on... All lights come on when the Ing. switch is turned on...Takes about almost ten times today flick the switch back and fowarth

Smokingman

Only the water in fuel light comes on...goes off rite away. The volt gauge dosen't drop to far --- I can see the difference in dropping of the gauge when the glow plug lights come on... All lights come on when the Ing. switch is turned on...Takes about almost ten times today flick the switch back and fowarth

Try cleaning your fuse box.I had the same issue.I took all the fuses out and took a can of non flammable electrical cleaner and q-tips to the fuse box(there is really no such thing as to much cleaner).Unhook the batteries first,and wait until it is dry to reinstall the fuses.I waited an hour+ for it to dry then blew it out with an air hose before putting my fuses back in.

I had the same thought as you(bad card)but the cleaning solved my wait light issue.

M1008driver

I would check the ground to the instrument panel too. I did and my bright light indicator started working. Mine is attached to left of the parking brake.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/63158-dim-dash-lighting.html

.I have to work the Ing. back and fowarth about three or four times for the light to come on....or at times it would come on for only for a second or two.,
If the gauge is working you are making your gp's work every time you cycle the ignition. Can't be good.

Another idea is the gp wait light bulb is attached to the instrument panel cover at the top center and can be changed easily. Probably not your problem, but you never know.

Last edited: