• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait light/starting issues

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not in any competition or mind control here.

Glow Plug Controller GPC ... old school for the first round of "BOXes" It really controlled the operation thur mechnical / thermal sensing switches to the LAU "BOX" Dinosaur

Temperature Sending Unit TSU ... Uses electronics to sense temperature.

Protective Control Box PCB ... Done with this concept. doesn't protect glow plugs

Engine Electrical Start System EESS ... All I know is green & big bucks. Mine is in the junk pile.

Mix and match could spell trouble.

EXCELLENT research by "86humv" > https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/pcb-eess-smartstart-s3-i-pics-info.164930/

Know your "BOX" and "BITS", CAMO

The CAMO Humv does not use this system. He is cheap. LOL

I think TOBASH might be too. LOL

Last edited:

M1123 Greg

Not in any competition or mind control here.

Glow Plug Controller GPC ... old school for the first round of "BOXes" It really controlled the operation thur mechnical / thermal sensing switches to the LAU "BOX" Dinosaur

Temperature Sending Unit TSU ... Uses electronics to sense temperature.

Protective Control Box PCB ... Done with this concept. doesn't protect glow plugs

Engine Electrical Start System EESS ... All I know is green & big bucks. Mine is in the junk pile.

Mix and match could spell trouble.

EXCELLENT research by "86humv" > https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/pcb-eess-smartstart-s3-i-pics-info.164930/

Know your "BOX" and "BITS", CAMO

The CAMO Humv does not use this system. He is cheap. LOL

I think TOBASH might be too. LOL
Does that mean you did the push button and relay method I’ve read about to control your glow plugs? I was going to bring that up, wanted to get the group’s thoughts on the matter.

M1123 Greg

Want box do you have? I’m going to guess it’s a yellow label Narton EESS, I’ve got a stack of bad ones here at the shop that all came out of GP M1123’s. I have brand new Narton S3’s for sale...but I’m running low on them.
Ok there ya go, just pulled my box out. Of course mine is riveted shut. Will probably drill it out and see if I can open it anyway, unless you have a better idea? I’ll probably take one of those S3’s and matching TSU off you btw. Any suggestions what to use to clean up that cannon plug?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks