• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wait light stays on

jhud

wait light has guick flash

Hey guys.. I asked on the web about this and found this forum...M1037 here.. Well my glow plugs quit.. it wouldn't start.. So I replaced them.. it fires right up..However.. the glow plug wait light will not go off.. it stays on after cranking and wont go out.

edit.. now its quick flashing 5 times...

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site. Post up some pictures of your truck. Check the glow plug relay (timer). Replace it. Or. rewire direct,, so that you have direct control of the "glow plug heat timing period."
Not recommended on (MOST) vehicles having LOW voltage operation of the glow pugs. (Most). Check and change best way.

jhud

A few minutes after the post post yesterday it started to act normally. I drove it for a few hours.THis morning the light stays on for a milli-second with a pause.. then another milli-second flash.what does this mean?I have fixed forklifts by direct wire straight from the battery. My hyster is rigged like this but they don't make parts for it anymore. You just press the toggle for a few seconds before starting.. Id rather have my Humvee non- jerry- rigged.

ill post pics when I figure it out.. It looks like a 4 door camo hummer.. LOL.. Nothing special yet. Ive got a roofrack from a civvy I may out on top.. Maybe a rear winch.. One day maybe a lift kit and 40s..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks