• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait Light will not go off

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searched but could not find this.......

All was good till the last cold spell, well cold to me, comfortable to the the majority here I suspect :) Truck had normal wait light cycle but would not start due to batteries slightly low. Charged batteries and they are good. Truck now very difficult to start and wait light does not go off. Alternator has good voltage in green and batteries/charging system good.

I suspect my box bit the dust when I charged through slave port with 24v charger with all cables connected......

Has any one else had a light stay on and not go off?

M998 , 6.2L with yellow box.

Stevev

Searched but could not find this.......

All was good till the last cold spell, well cold to me, comfortable to the the majority here I suspect :) Truck had normal wait light cycle but would not start due to batteries slightly low. Charged batteries and they are good. Truck now very difficult to start and wait light does not go off. Alternator has good voltage in green and batteries/charging system good.

I suspect my box bit the dust when I charged through slave port with 24v charger with all cables connected......

Has any one else had a light stay on and not go off?

M998 , 6.2L with yellow box.

riderdan

I'd be surprised if the slave-port charging was the problem. My truck has been charged literally hundreds of time through the slave port with no ill effects. Indeed, the slave port is meant to jumpstart the truck, so it shouldn't be a problem--by design.

That said, it does sound like your box is probably fried.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks