• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiting on a M817 with winch by chance???

Maxgussam

That is why they have LOW RANGE. If you know how to split shift you can use the low side to get rolling and then go into
the high side to run highway speeds.

Could you describe this procedure?

Are the 2 ranges syncronized, or is it similar to "floating gears" in a non-synchro transmission?

I would be interested to know the shift pattern? (1 low-2 low-3 low-1 high- 2 high...?

Thank you for any details you can provide!

Go through 1-5 in low range and shift the trans to 4th and pull the transfer case lever up to high range at the same time as you are shifting. You have to be fast. This way you avoid the 3rd to 4th gear high range power killing transmission gap. Thats how I "split shift" if I'm pulling something heavy or want to row through a few more gears. Essentially it makes your truck a 7spd instead of a 5.

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks