• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiting on euc

Skrilex

Banned
Thanks. It’s been a few weeks. I just wasn’t sure if I should be obsessively checking lol. I read a post of a guy who didn’t know for a few days that his had cleared which I thought was odd.

Sintorion

Missing it a day or so isn't a big deal because once you get the notice you have to arrange pickup. There are only certain days that the lots are open for pickups. If you are getting a SF97 you will have another month wait once you get the approval. Nothing happens quickly!

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my case an "EUC cleared" email was not sent, I happened to stumble across a notification nearly hidden on my account page. I complained but nothing really changed. As mentioned, pickup is the hard part anyway. The policy about having to remove the item promptly is about common vehicles, military vehicles take weeks or months to manage to get to, in my case, because of the policies at the DLA yards and such.
Patience is a good thing to have when dealing with these. It will come.
Bulldogger

Wire Fox

In my case an "EUC cleared" email was not sent, I happened to stumble across a notification nearly hidden on my account page. I complained but nothing really changed. As mentioned, pickup is the hard part anyway. The policy about having to remove the item promptly is about common vehicles, military vehicles take weeks or months to manage to get to, in my case, because of the policies at the DLA yards and such.
Patience is a good thing to have when dealing with these. It will come.
Bulldogger
Unless, of course, your local GP rep is a rock star. Mine was. The guy in Indianapolis is very laid back, friendly, and while he's firm on what days he's going to be available, he was happy to make arrangements outside of his schedule for a professional carrier to come by and make a pickup. I just met with him during his scheduled time to comb over everything on the vehicle and sign my documents. Guys like him make things easy and enjoyable.

Skrilex

Banned
Unless, of course, your local GP rep is a rock star. Mine was. The guy in Indianapolis is very laid back, friendly, and while he's firm on what days he's going to be available, he was happy to make arrangements outside of his schedule for a professional carrier to come by and make a pickup. I just met with him during his scheduled time to comb over everything on the vehicle and sign my documents. Guys like him make things easy and enjoyable.
What do you mean by “comb over the vehicle?”

Wire Fox

What do you mean by “comb over the vehicle?”
Once my EUC cleared, I inspected the vehicle to ensure that no parts had gone missing since the auction listing and there were no unexpected damages. Normally most people would do this at the same time they were actually taking it off the lot, but myself and my carrier weren't available at the same time, so I came by early in the day and my carrier was then able to pick it up later that day and get it taken home. Not all GP lots are going to allow this kind of thing, and I technically signed away liability of GP as if I had already removed it from their lot, so it's not the most protected way to do business, either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks