• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

walbro electric pump blowing bubbles?!

kapnklug

So I finally tracked down the air in my fuel system to the almost new (1yr old) walbro frb-22 electric fuel pump (marine version of the frb-5). This was literally the last place I looked. To test it i've got hosebarbs on the inlet and outlet, fuel hose running from both (with hoseclamps) into a bucket of diesel. There are bubbles in the outlet hose that never go away, even after running the pump for 10min. I've removed the fuel bowl from the bottom of the pump, cleaned the screen, and re-assembled it with a thin bead of Permatex #2 around the bowl, but still the same.
WTF? These are supposed to be the indestructible Mac-Daddy. Never heard of anyone having trouble with one. And I can't see how air can possibly be getting into the pump. No sign of leakage. I was running 4:1 diesel to kerosene+WMO, but was using a pre-filter which did not clog. The Walbro website doesn't show a rebuild kit either.
Any suggestions? I don't want to buy another one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks