• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walker Bulldog.

Speedy

Speedys new backyard find.
whenever someone I know goes to a tractor salvage yard I tag along, why not... I like old equipment.
today was a gloomy rainy day.... and sure as hell didnt think I would find this!

Walker Bulldog, he mentioned something being prototype (I may have well heard wrong) diesel engine. everything runs fine. he is planning on selling it after he plays with it. he collects military vehicles had lots of trucks and jeeps but sold them years ago now he focuses on the smaller jeeps.

guy had numerous old jeep frames (MUTTs etc) bodies engines.
ALSO HAD lots of RADIAL tank engines

scooter01922

HOLY POOP :shock: SWEET find. Hes gonna fix it up and SELL it????? You couldn't get that back out of my yard for anything once i had posession of such a beast.

Speedy

not aware of anything that needs fixing.
he told me it runs well and he drove it in. im guessing he just wants to drive around and experience it then sell. he told me the diesel engine is a heavy drinker.

I would love to buy it, no room in the city and im sure their is plenty of bylaws agianst one on the driveway! luckily I have family in the country that would love it in the backyard with plenty of room to run it!!!!!!!! :-D

I want it bad, but the $$$ involved in purchase and parts (if any) plus fuel etc etc just doesnt add up for me.

im going back oneday soon to sit inside! and have a closer look at this beast! since it was raining hard when I was at the spot

dittle

Definately a prototype of some sort. The diesel engine went into the A3 version that was sold over seas as the foreign countries didn't want the air cooled gas engine. They are fun to drive as I get to play with one at the museum that I got running last year.

The attached picture was taken at the Freedom Days parade in Apple Valley, MN last year where the museum's Walker Bulldog made its long anticipitated debut.

Attachments

Speedy

so I heard correct about the prototype, now im curious.... what do you see as odd? (to make it prototype)
how are parts for these? any known issues?

who says I cant purchase it and leave it in the country untill I get a place of my own! :D :D

m109guy

Hey stop finding all the cool stuff. Or at the very least bring me along! :D

You went from finding a unimog one day to a tank the next. I think the only thing to top that would be finding an Avro Arrow ;)

Speedy

M109guy.
I know, im still in shock im staring at the pics to much!!!
I was upset that it started to rain, I wanted to go inside and check it all out.
hoping to get back out soon, I never asked "how much" so that is one thing thats killing me (very curious)

I swear if I wasnt 18 and had some more cash this would be mine!

dittle
if you get a chance I am curious about the prototype info. (for some reason belgium came into conversation)
also how much did the tank run the museum?

Last edited:

dittle

I guess the term "prototype" may be a little off. The end of the gun barrel isn't correct either the tube is different or they cut the end off with the muzzle brake. The rear decking is all different but that is due to the diesel engine. That may just be a M41A3 with some parts missing off it. If you had the data plate info it would tell you. As far as the museum goes all of our artifacts belong to the Center of Military History (i.e. the military) so we don't own them, they are signed to us to restore and display.

WPNS421

Hey Speedy where is this guy located because I would like to have first bid on this puppy, let's keep it in Canada. :-D:-D Our US cousins have too much gear to play with.:roll: I am serious could you PM me as to the location or a phone number. Thanks

m109guy

It wouldnt be able to come back to the US anyways. The Govt wont allow the re-import of american made armor.
I thought that you couldn't import foreign armor into the US. That is just plain stupid if you can repatriate US made armor. Was there any reasoning behind this decision? Or was it just the normal government response of "because we say so".

dittle

Its a very messed up deal, you can buy/import a main battle tank or any other foreigh armor from the UK for exampel but you can't buy/import anything made by the US back into the US. Some one in the politicial world must have had nothing better to do one day and dreamed this rule up.

Speedy

you got PM
Hey Speedy where is this guy located because I would like to have first bid on this puppy, let's keep it in Canada. :-D:-D Our US cousins have too much gear to play with.:roll: I am serious could you PM me as to the location or a phone number. Thanks
that is weird about re-importing :|

Yohan

It wouldnt be able to come back to the US anyways. The Govt wont allow the re-import of american made armor.
This is true, unless your Arnold Schwarzeneger! He imported his long enough tp have it sit in a meuseum. I believe he now has it in his possession.

My partner and I import military vehicles for resale and anything US made is verbotten. I'd like to see Arny's Form 6 on his old M47. See link below!

Motts Military Museum and Arnold Schwarzenegger

jdmcm

It is owned by a gentleman in Canada, was a test bed for a Detroit engine conversion, I am very sure it is NOT for sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks