• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walking beams

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the m52a2 does not have walking beams, only the wreckers have them

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would someone show what walking beams are, and what "non-walking beams" are please? Inquiring minds want to know.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thr walking beams are the massive peice of iron on top of the rear springs on the wreckers, without these you break springs, after so much weight the springs set and the beams take the load

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kenny, looks like the ones for the deuce have alot more slope than the ones on the 5tons. Mine are hardly noticable.

Rocco

"You mean torque rods for the rear suspension?"
Yes that what you call um.
$295 for the set??? I think that would be 6 all together.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dumps aren't exposed to the extreme side loads a crane might be exposed to if the operator fails to use the outriggers. In my opinion the rear suspension in a wrecker just can't be compressed. The suspension can only droop. No matter what I put on the back, the rear suspension stays the same. The front does rise though. On side loads, the weight carrying side stays pretty much put but the side that's unoaded will rise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks