• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wandered in from Kentucky

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy y'all. I was looking on the web at some surplus trailers and generators, and I wandered on to this site. It looks to have an answer for about anything that one could ask.

I'm from either northern Kentucky or south central Kentucky, depending on the season. Don't have any military vehicles except for an m101a2.

I think that having a deuce would be interesting, but I just don't know what I'd use it for...

Done a lot of work with civilian jeeps, although my very first jeep was a GPW that I had when stationed in the Azores.

Primarily interested in some of the surplus generators....

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zara, Welcome from Mt. Eden, KY. You're going to need a deuce to tow the trailer that carries your generators. That's what you're going to need a deuce for. My parts guy has lots of generator parts and equipment. Lots of good info on this site.
Stay tuned.
JC

RodUSMC1962

Welcome to the green disease, you don`t need a reason to own a deuce, you just need to want one! Love your part of the world, love those caves. Spent some time there when I was younger. :beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
While I disagree on needing a deuce to tow the genset trailer(they can be hauled in M101s just fine), I do believe you NEED a deuce. If you have a pickup truck, a deuce is the same thing, just bigger(not by much, just a couple feet). You can haul 3-5 times as much with the deuce. With a drop side bed you get even more versatility. Then there is the Summer Sunday drive to the ice-cream shop!!!!

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Franklin, Kentucky -- Where Johnny Cash got married (in a fever that's hotter than a pepper sprout)!

I was there a dozen or so weeks ago. Had lunch at the Brickyard Cafe. I've got to say that the Brickyard in Bowling Green is a lot better than the one in Franklin. Toured the jail.....

z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks