• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want a Deuce, Need Some Help.

JeeperDave

Hello all, I have been wanting to buy a Deuce and a half for some time now but do not know much about them. I would like a M35 from the 1970s.

What is a normal price for one that runs well and looks in good shape? What kind of problems do these vehicles usually have? How much do they cost to insure? If I can't fix something on it, where can I take it? I think I need these questions answered before I start spending.

I was told that the people here have a wealth and knowlege and experiences.

Also, what is a good way to finance this kind of buy? I am a current college student and money is tight.:-( Any donations would be VERY welcome. LOL

GoHot229

Not much really go's wrong unless you break something or other by crashing or a real dumb move. They're pretty reliable and you can expect to pay 4-6 hundred dollars a year, mabe more if your young, insurance which obviously you must be (student). If you get one you had better take the time to learn how to fix one, they are low tech so that shouldnt be a problem, but big trucks take a fiew big tools, a couple hundered should cover that aspect at Harbor Freight or the like. REMEMBER..... you have to park it somewhere, can you where you are without stiring up a hornet nest with your neighbors. Also parking and securing them (locking) them up is different than a regular car or truck, ie. a chain through the steering wheel, if it's still in the vehicle.

area52

Have you tried reading some of the posts on here in the deuce section? There is a wealth of information on here if you spend some time looking. ( notice I mentioned nothing about searching !!:p)

Sephirothq

I have the following for sale
1 M35A2 with winch, cargo cover, soft top, heater, air shift transfer case, nice paint, newer engine asking $4500

2 M35A2 no winch, soft top, air shift transfer case, newer engine, needs paint work on the box asking $3000

3 M185A3 no winch, soft top, air shift transfer case, van box on back, ok paint asking $3000

Have or will have PA titles for all trucks.

I can get miles and hours tomorrow. Which are you interested in. All these truck have a 465 multifuel engine and a 5 speed manual transmission

Hopefully you can drive a manual transmission.

85cj88yj

to be frank a good way to finance a truck or anything is to save and not rush into things. i had worked and saved and searched for a deuce for a year before even coming to this site. no success on the search aspect before i got here. as a 20 year old college student myself i gotta say that 1. a crapload of chicks love the truck (especially the redneck girlies) 2. it takes time to get one of these. i got mine for $3000, and the insurance is definately more for us than the other guys. unless you register historic. and 3. parking is an issue. i cant park my truck in the main lot at school due to the fact that it takes up more than one spot there, and theres alot of schmucks out there who like to go into vehicles and screw around. so some imformant stickers and a few kill switches and pad locks are in order