• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want adds in index

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I know we put the new classifieds in the new post list, BUT up to now the classifieds had NOT showed up on the main index page,, NOW everybody will just post ads, starting to get like that anyway. I see the main index getting FULL of ADS, I thought the classifieds was the place to buy/sell something, not the main page full of PAGES of buy/sell comments aua

WHAT is the point of the classifieds ?????

What, was there another complaint again that their AD was not getting enough response ????, so we NOW HAVE all the classifieds in open forum, Why don't we just PM AND EMAIL every new ad and the comments of all the old ads to every member, if that does not get a response to the ad, I would guess the there was NO INTEREST

This has nothing to do with the above, but the above change also brought the CHAPLIN CORNER to the main page, so it looks like ALL POST are now on the main page

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that too, when one of my ads just popped up in the main index page. That had never happened before, not sure why now. I'm for them showing up in the "new posts" list, but not on the main page.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not think it's intentional.

Just wait for Patracy to look into it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the vote was for the new ads to be on the new post page also . I go to the index page so I don't have to sort through a bunch of classifieds . I reported a post earlier then realized they are now on the main page and no the new post page as was voted on . I guess we might just as well do away with the classifeds and post them in the forums.

eagle4g63

I must be missing something, or I still just don't know how to use the site....where is this index page everyone is talking about?

When I log in I get a main page with the most recent FORUM threads, I guess home page for lack of term, when I want to get back to it I left click on the main heading "STEEL SOLDIERS" and I still get the same front page.....no adds unless I click on the classifieds, am I missing something?

Of course I never use the "new posts" button...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting for Patracy to take care of it.

flyxpl

Well for as long the WTB adds were in their it helped me . I got a reply and got what I was looking for . I prefered to have the for sale and WTB seperate , but I guess I missed that poll .

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just didn't know If it was being looked at, or if you were aware of it, don't expect you to babysit the site, know you have a LOT more going on then SS, but thanks for looking after us.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just didn't know If it was being looked at, or if you were aware of it, don't expect you to babysit the site, know you have a LOT more going on the SS, but thanks for looking after us.
I was trying to address a different issue, I mistakenly added it back into the site. All is taken care of now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I've gotta confess, don't expect to see much of me end of Feb to mid March. I've got a massive upgrade at work to launch then. I'll be working 13hr shifts non stop. I'll poke my head in during the day, but not much work will be done on my part. So I just ask if something else is wrong, bear with me during that time. I'll probably be a zombie by the end of march. :cry:

eagle4g63

"I'll probably be a zombie by the end of march."

I thought the roving zombies weren't suppose to start till later in the year.....great I'm always not quite ready when is hits the fan!!!

Just pokin fun, you take the time you need!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No zombie threads!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Energy Vortex2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks