• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to buy T-55, any for sale in USA?

jdmcm

Hi guys looking for a good running T-54, T-55 or T-62 for sale, much prefer a tank in North America, do not have time to import from Europe, or UK. Needed this fall for film production, any leads are appreciated, we are serious buyers with funds in hand.

Thanks
John

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys looking for a good running T-54, T-55 or T-62 for sale, much prefer a tank in North America, do not have time to import from Europe, or UK. Needed this fall for film production, any leads are appreciated, we are serious buyers with funds in hand.

Thanks
John
I can send you some info on a T54AR.

Similar to this T54A.

Attachments

Augdog1964

I have two T-54/55s...

Both are period correct, and both available for rental. I may be coerced to sell one if I had to, but prefer to keep them.... Also have T-72 and T-62.
You won't find a T-62, I believe I'm the only collection with one privately owned in the U.S.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two T-54/55s...

Both are period correct, and both available for rental. I may be coerced to sell one if I had to, but prefer to keep them.... Also have T-72 and T-62.
You won't find a T-62, I believe I'm the only collection with one privately owned in the U.S.
Not one but 2 T-54/55's

:not worthy::not worthy::not worthy:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife will not let me buy a tank :(

augdog is the man you want to talk to. We have a wierd humor in Georgia I apologize for the confusion

jdmcm

Thanks for all the replies,please PM me with details about ones you would discuss selling, I have seen David Wangs and it is a great tank but 85k is a little high, and thanks Stan but we can't use a tank from Canada, no easy way to temporarily import for the production. Look forward to talking to those who are willing to consider selling. We also may take a stab at Greg Taylors old T-54 at the upcoming auction, was for sale for a couple years for 45k obo, should have bought it then on spec!

Thanks
John

jdmcm

No Problem Swiss! I would love to pry one out of Augdog, with the amount of armor he has he wouldn't even miss it!

Thanks
John

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will store any tank that somebody needs storing :). For that matter I would even start it once a month and move it so the owner does not have to perform such manual tasks.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will store any tank that somebody needs storing :). For that matter I would even start it once a month and move it so the owner does not have to perform such manual tasks.
always amazed by the generosity of members. :)

BiffJ

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a good tank for $85K in the US. Wangs issues with his 55 aren't so much cost but value for cost. There are others out there in much better condition but your limit on price is going to make it tough for you to buy one. If you look overseas right now for a vehicle you'll find prices on them run from about 40-60K euros. Once you figure in the cost of demil to US Spec (which some sellers won't do at any price) you're up another 5 to 10K euro. Add in the cost to move to a friendly port for shipping and there is another 4-6K euro. Now you're looking at another 6-10K euro to ship to a port in the US where it will cost anywhere from $5-20US to truck it to you. So we start out with 40k euro for a lowball guess, add another 5K for demil and another 4K for shipping to a port then 6k for shipping to say ...Montreal since its closer than BC and doesn't require any canal passage(big bucks). Thats 55K euro and at current exchange would be $1.37 to each euro for a total of $75,350 US. You still have to truck to your location and wild ass guess based on seeing 9 different tanks shipped to indiana tells me you're looking at about $15K. That puts you at over $90K US and this will require a wait on export and import docs....I don't know how Canada goes with this but in the US its about 3-6 months to get import approval and nothing happens overseas on demil til you have it. Once they have your import docs it takes another month to get their export docs if everything goes well. Now they have to schedule shipping and if you're really really lucky you'll have about a year of time invested in import.
In my opinion you'll be lucky to find one here in the states in good running condition for less than $95K US and I would expect to pay over $100K for a really nice vehicle like the 55AM2 that Augdog has. The number of vehicles for sale overseas has been dropping steadily in the last few years and while I don't have any ideas on how hard it is to get stuff into Canada or what demil procedures are I do know that we in the US are limited in where we can obtain these things. Ukraine or any russian states are prohibited. China is another prohibited import location. This limits availability. There are vehicles in Poland where its tough to get them out and even harder to ship from. Czech Republik where its not too tough to buy or get export permits but its very tough to get the sellers moving and shipping has to go through poland or germany where there are serious restrictions on travel and high costs. Bulgaria has sellers who claim to have vehicles but no one wants to ship out of that country.
All in all you're looking at a tough road ahead. Russian stuff used to be really cheap but its not anymore.

You're best bet is to look at renting what you need. It will probably save you time and money. I know VMMV in Virginia has a T54 and a T55 AM2 both of which can be rented and have done some movies. Augdog has the T54 and the T55AM2 both of which are beautiful pieces and I'm sure he'd consider renting. There may be a couple others out there but the only ones I know of are static displays. I think Augdog mentioned that there aren't any other T62's out there that anyone knows of but you never know.

Good luck in your search. Hope it works out.

Frank

trukhead

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a good tank for $85K in the US. Wangs issues with his 55 aren't so much cost but value for cost. There are others out there in much better condition but your limit on price is going to make it tough for you to buy one. If you look overseas right now for a vehicle you'll find prices on them run from about 40-60K euros. Once you figure in the cost of demil to US Spec (which some sellers won't do at any price) you're up another 5 to 10K euro. Add in the cost to move to a friendly port for shipping and there is another 4-6K euro. Now you're looking at another 6-10K euro to ship to a port in the US where it will cost anywhere from $5-20US to truck it to you. So we start out with 40k euro for a lowball guess, add another 5K for demil and another 4K for shipping to a port then 6k for shipping to say ...Montreal since its closer than BC and doesn't require any canal passage(big bucks). Thats 55K euro and at current exchange would be $1.37 to each euro for a total of $75,350 US. You still have to truck to your location and wild ass guess based on seeing 9 different tanks shipped to indiana tells me you're looking at about $15K. That puts you at over $90K US and this will require a wait on export and import docs....I don't know how Canada goes with this but in the US its about 3-6 months to get import approval and nothing happens overseas on demil til you have it. Once they have your import docs it takes another month to get their export docs if everything goes well. Now they have to schedule shipping and if you're really really lucky you'll have about a year of time invested in import.
In my opinion you'll be lucky to find one here in the states in good running condition for less than $95K US and I would expect to pay over $100K for a really nice vehicle like the 55AM2 that Augdog has. The number of vehicles for sale overseas has been dropping steadily in the last few years and while I don't have any ideas on how hard it is to get stuff into Canada or what demil procedures are I do know that we in the US are limited in where we can obtain these things. Ukraine or any russian states are prohibited. China is another prohibited import location. This limits availability. There are vehicles in Poland where its tough to get them out and even harder to ship from. Czech Republik where its not too tough to buy or get export permits but its very tough to get the sellers moving and shipping has to go through poland or germany where there are serious restrictions on travel and high costs. Bulgaria has sellers who claim to have vehicles but no one wants to ship out of that country.
All in all you're looking at a tough road ahead. Russian stuff used to be really cheap but its not anymore.

You're best bet is to look at renting what you need. It will probably save you time and money. I know VMMV in Virginia has a T54 and a T55 AM2 both of which can be rented and have done some movies. Augdog has the T54 and the T55AM2 both of which are beautiful pieces and I'm sure he'd consider renting. There may be a couple others out there but the only ones I know of are static displays. I think Augdog mentioned that there aren't any other T62's out there that anyone knows of but you never know.

Good luck in your search. Hope it works out.

Frank

Aww gee thanks for bringing this topic up. NOw I want one!! I live on a farm and would like to use it to run down trees in the woods. You think a tank would do that? It's either a tank or a D-7 or D-8. I think a tank would be more fun! Think a dozer blade could be attached to a tank with out permanently screwing up the tank?

Too bad we cant get a good used US tank to play with!:jumpin::tank:

BiffJ

Lots of tanks with dozer blade attachments out there. T72, T55, Chieftain and others I've seen. Not sure whether they are any better or worse than an actual dozer. Probably having more weight would help so who knows....I don't think you'd screw up a tank with a dozer blade. Might help clear a minefield as well.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks