• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to own a 10-Ton

Ridgerunner

Looking over craigs list I came across this 10-Ton for sale.

It's about 20 minutes north east from me. Seems cheap to me for a complete running and driving 10-Ton. I figure someone here might need it, I spent all my money on a little Deuce:oops:........maybe I can convince the wife.........

10 -ton military truck

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"antifreeze will get in the oil if the radiator cap is put on tight. Leave it loose and enjoy. " :shock:

Sounds like it's got some engine trouble and I don't think that leaving the radiator cap loose is a long term fix :wink:.

scooter01922

Hmmm antifreeze in the oil if you tighten the rad cap, yet advertised as runs great. Yeah, thats normal just don't tighten the cap...:roll:

fasttruck

Truck pictured has kit applied to it for rasing & lowering the m 870 40 ton low bed trainer using the winch on the tractor: Note the goal post between the winch & fifth wheel and triangle shaped shoe over pintle hook at rear of frame.

Condec

Like I said before--These trucks were never equiped with water filters and now the piston liners are full of pin holes from electrolysis. What happens is without DCA in the engine coolant your engine will end up with pin holes all through the liners. Dont matter if you take the rad cap right off--its still there DCA is just like the PH level in a swimming pool. When you install a water filter on your diesel engine you have to buy a jug of DCA and add it to the coolant in order to stop electrolysis. At the same time ask them for the test strips --you need these to test the DCA level in the rad If one of you buys this truck you will have to dump the engine oil out and pull the pan off. Fill the rad up again and then shine a flashlight up into the piston cylinders one at a time and you will see the water dripping down from the hole that is worst. Dont waste your time because you will have to pull all 8 pistons and liners because if you dont do them all at the same time one of the others will start leaking VERY SOON. This was a common problem with Cummins engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks